I love the 4th of July! Family, summer weather, cook-outs, fireworks, everything!! And while many of our favorite traditions are those we repeat year after year, sometimes adding in a new project for those curious and active kids is the perfect way to make the holiday feel extra-special.
Here are some of my favorite ways to mix things up with the kids on the 4th of July.
1. STEM activities including 4th of July slime, ice activities, the science behind fireworks (in video form), and much more!
2. Food, crafting, and kids’ games (including a Patriotic Trivia Game).
3. Parents magazine always has a wide range of ideas for holidays with kids. Here is their contribution this year.
4. This blog includes a fun discussion about festive July 4th clothing and an easy Star Spangled Ice Cream Sandwich idea.
5. A Patriotic Playlist to add atmosphere to your family celebration!
6. A list of things to talk about with kids about being patriotic.
7. And last but not least, School House Rock’s 4th of July Cartoon.
Have a fun and fabulous Independence Day from everyone here at Homeschool with Confidence!